June 19, 2013
rtraction is currently looking for a talented and detail oriented Project Manager who is interested in a permanent, full-time position with our team.
You must be a graduate from a college or university computer science program and have 5 years of professional project management experience or project management accreditation from a recognized professional association. You must be familiar with current Mac OSX operating systems. Experience with ZenDesk, Pivotal Tracker, Tick and Google Apps would be considered desirable.
What you will do
You will manage the entire project lifecycle to deliver comprehensive digital solutions to our clients including (but not exclusively):
- Assist with preparing and writing project proposals as required
- Attend larger sales pitches for client engagements representing project management
- Communicate to VP Ops the required resource load for a particular time unit (week, month, etc) for project(s) that the Project Manager is running
- Allocate project specific resources on a day to day basis to make sure that the specific project deliverables are being managed
- Break down the budgeted work of the project with Lead Developer to create a specific delivery date for production resources
- Create and execute on all project documentation including project charters, schedules, budgets
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure the production team has all available resources to ensure that a project is properly executed (Management Team, Account Executive, Lead Developer, etc)
- Ensure projects are completed on time
- Track website changes pre-to-post work by issuing change orders
- Report weekly to the Leadership Team for all projects as to status of projects
- Keep detailed record of project / resource plans so that vacation / illness can be covered on an as needed basis
- Perform project retrospectives
What you will bring
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management methodologies (including agile & waterfall)
- A well-rounded knowledge of computers
- Strong communication, organizational and time management skills
- Proven problem-solving and analytical abilities
- The ability to learn quickly and continuously
- The ability to work both independently and with others
We’re looking for a rational thinker with a genuine interest in delivering the highest quality solutions to our clients, on time and on budget.
We’re a small, but powerful team looking for a keen and highly ambitious person who wants to work in a highly collaborative environment. This role will suit an intelligent, detail-oriented and self-motivated person who is dedicated, willing to learn and able to see things through to completion.
At rtraction, we do creative work that drives positive change for our clients, our community and our craft. We know that a digital marketing project — whether it’s a full rebrand or a website refresh — can be overwhelming. But it shouldn’t have to be. Our smart and creative team is here to take away the pain of building solutions, and have a little fun in the process.
We love our clients and are happy when they succeed. We are proud to work with the likes of ReForest London, Harrison Pensa, London Food Bank, Aeolian Hall, Robarts Research, The Grand Theatre (Kingston) and The Panasonic Foundation.
We’ve experienced phenomenal growth over the last 12 years and are looking to add another talented, energetic and hard-working member to our team.
How to Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter outlining salary expectations to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for applying but only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.