Business Analyst (Mat Leave Contract)
rTraction has been in business for over 15 years. We started as a few people who could build websites. We've grown into an award-winning agency that uses design thinking to remove barriers and motivate change.
- Ask the questions others often miss?
- Believe that every project is an opportunity for an outcome where everyone wins?
- Look at challenges from multiple perspectives?
We're looking for someone to join our planning team during a maternity leave (opportunity to extend). This role is about owning the entire project lifecycle and working collaboratively with the client and other project partners (internally and outside of rTraction) to understand business processes, find solutions to business challenges, and improve client project outcomes. It might be the job for you if you are fed by meeting client goals, driving collaborative discussions regarding the right tools/approaches to reach those goals, and provides ongoing recommendations for continued positive results.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Design project roadmaps for the client’s requirements, goals, budget, and schedule.
- Lead regular client meetings and collaborate on project decisions (updating the roadmap if needed).
- Build work packages in consultation with the delivery team and assess the work when it’s completed.
- Present work packages to the client in a collaborative meeting to facilitate approval.
- Measure project success from the client POV.
- Report on project status and critical production metrics as assigned.
Skills and qualifications:
- University degree or equivalent education
- Experience facilitating meetings or conversations with multiple viewpoints
- Experience managing projects to a timeline, keeping the client or partner's goals and constraints in mind
- Experience using computers for work, including Google Docs (or equivalent tools)
- Fluent English; French language skills an asset
- Agency experience an asset
- Experience working with nonprofit / social purpose / social enterprise / B Corp clients an asset
If you don't have all of the skills that are listed above but think you have something to contribute to this role, note that in your cover letter when you apply. If we proceed to the interview stage, we will talk to you about the skills and experience that you do offer, what you know, and where you want to grow.
Who you'll work with:
- You will report to Josh Dow, VP of Production.
- You will work alongside a creative team that brings design thinking and enthusiasm to all that we do.
What's in it for you:
You get the traditional benefits you'd expect from an employer (bonus: we include spouse and kids without extra premiums to you), and you get perks like:
- Flex time
- Fun days
- 3-week minimum for vacation
- Volunteer time off
- A family- and pet-friendly office
- Loads of natural light in our award-winning office space, the London Roundhouse
We are a transparent business. That means that you hear about our financials and quarterly/annual goals in monthly meetings. It also means you have multiple opportunities to provide input and problem-solve as a group.
Are you ready to apply? Please submit your resume and cover letter by Friday, June 1, 2018.
Our equal opportunity promise: rTraction is committed to building an inclusive team that values diverse experiences and perspectives. Following our own policies and legislation like the AODA, we welcome interest from BIPOC, people with disabilities, veterans, women, and people who identify as LGBT2Q+. We value your interest in our company and look forward to your application. Please notify the hiring committee about your requirement for accommodation in the recruitment and interview process upon request.