rTraction has been in business for over 15 years. We started as a few people who could build websites. We've grown into an award-winning agency that uses design thinking to remove barriers and motivate change.
- Notice what needs to be done (and then do it)?
- Feel a sense of accomplishment when you know you've helped others?
- Find happiness in making people feel welcome?
We're looking for someone to provide administrative support for our busy office, which is home to multiple small- to medium-sized businesses. The goal of this position is to help keep the office running smoothly so that each of the organizations in this space can focus on what they do best, and so that the first impression of our space is that it is a welcoming environment for all of our guests.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Watch the door and greet our guests.
- Answer phones and direct incoming calls to the right people.
- Book meetings within our space.
- Engage with Roundhouse suppliers.
- Monitor tidiness and stock up on our regular supplies.
- Support procurement with input from our finance department.
- Coordination and on-site support for Roundhouse events.
- Help with data entry (as required).
Your skills and qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working as an administrative assistant, including handling appointment requests, communicating with vendors, and greeting visitors
- Experience using computers for work, including Google Docs (or equivalent tools)
- Fluent English
If you don't have all of the skills that are listed above but think you have something to contribute to this role, note that in your cover letter when you apply. If we proceed to the interview stage, we will talk to you about the skills and experience that you do offer, what you know, and where you want to grow.
Who you'll work with:
- You will report to Rachel Berdan, COO
- You will work alongside a creative team that brings design thinking and enthusiasm to all that we do.
What’s in it for you:
You get the traditional benefits you'd expect from an employer (bonus: we include spouse and kids), and you get perks like:
3-week minimum for vacation
Volunteer time off
Loads of natural light in our award-winning office space, the London Roundhouse
We are a transparent business. That means that you hear about our financials and quarterly/annual goals in monthly meetings. It also means you have multiple opportunities to provide input and problem-solve as a group.
Are you ready to apply? Please submit your resume and cover letter by Friday, June 1, 2018.
Our equal opportunity promise: rTraction is committed to building an inclusive team that values diverse experiences and perspectives. Following our own policies and legislation like the AODA, we welcome interest from BIPOC, people with disabilities, veterans, women, and people who identify as LGBT2Q+. We value your interest in our company and look forward to your application. Please notify the hiring committee about your requirement for accommodation in the recruitment and interview process upon request.